Midway Grinding Inc. offers internal bore grinding services for a very wide variety of applications. Our ID grinding department is probably our largest in terms of quantity and variety of CNC machinery.
Midway has several machines with multi-spindle capability, which allow us to grind multiple bores and faces in a single operation. In addition, we are capable of grinding ID tapers, angles, seats and radii. You will not find a more capable ID grinding house in the country.
We approach every application creatively in order to minimize costs to our customers. This allows us to be one of the most competitive ID grinding solutions around. We use only the best OKAMOTO, OKUMA and VOUMARD models of CNC ID grinders that can be viewed on the equipment list below.
Midway employs Sunnen Bore Gauging and Federal Air Gauging to measure internal bore diameters, as well as a Federal Formscan and Taylor Hobson Taylorond 365 for roundness, concentricity and cylindricity measurements.
- Multiple Spindle, Complex radius angle and seat grinding
- ID bores held within .0001"
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Internal/Bore Grinding Capabilities
- Face grinding
- Radius grinding
- Single and multiple bores
- Blind holes
- CBN Abrasive Capabilities
- Angles, Tapers and Internal seats
- Air Gaging
- Diameter tolerances to .0001"
- Micro finish from 4RA Max
- Roundness from .000025" Max
- Straightness from .0001" Max
- Dimensional Specifications
- Internal diameters from .100" to 8"
- Can hold ODs up to 11"
- Micro finish to 4RA
- Lengths from .050" to 14"
- Multiple Bores and face grinding with down to .0001" MAX TIR
- Hydraulic Components
- Pneumatic Components
- Printing Rolls
- Industries Served
- Heavy equipment
- Food service
- Inspection Processes
- Operator and quality personnel inspections per ISO 9001 quality standards, customer requirements, or control plans.