Centerless Grinding (Thru-Feed Grinding)
Midway Grinding Inc. offers thru-feed centerless grinding for applications where only the largest outside diameter is to be ground. Thru-feed grinding is best suited to grind straight, cylindrical parts with minimal slots and no interfering projections.
Parts are ground by being fed in and out through the regulating and grinding wheel in a straight line to ensure maximum grinding efficiency and therefore minimum cost. Due to the low lead times of thru-feed grinding, we can often produce lead times of less than 24 hours.
We are equipped with Cincinnati Milacron TWINGRIP models of centerless thru-feed grinders as they provide the best in stability, performance and repeatability.
We can handle dimensions ranging from .050 to 5 inches in diameter and lengths up to 12 ft.
- Tolerances to .00080
- Low cost, high speed, precision OD grinding
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Centerless Grinding (Thru-Feed Grinding) Capabilities
- High Precision Grinding
- Maximum Efficiency Grinding
- Minimum Cost Grinding
- Lowest lead times
- Diameter tolerances to .000080"
- Surface finish to 4RA Max
- Roundness to .000025" Max
- Straightness to .000050" Max
- Dimensional Specifications
- Diameters from .050" to 5"
- Lengths up to 12 ft.
- Hydraulic Components
- Pneumatic Components
- Printing Rolls
- Industries Served
- Heavy equipment
- Food service
- Inspection Processes
- Operator and quality personnel inspections per ISO 9001 quality standards, customer requirements, or control plans.