Centerless Grinding (Infeed/Plunge Grinding)
Midway Grinding Inc. offers centerless infeed grinding services with precision and accuracy that are second to none. We have the capability of grinding multiple diameters of different sizes in one plunge as well as grinding complex angles and radii. We specialize in holding the closest of tolerances and we can, in some instances provide lead times of less than 24 hours.
Midway employs mainly CINCINNATI MILACRON models of centerless and CNC centerless grinders, most of which are remanufactured and retrofitted with CNC dressers on either the grinding wheel, or both regulating and grinding wheels. The CNC dressers allow us to take a more creative approach to each application, often saving time and money by substituting centerless grinding in place of much more costly multi-process grinding operations.
- Multiple Diameters in One Plunge
- CNC dressing programs allow for grinding of complex profiles and radii
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Centerless Grinding (Infeed/Plunge Grinding) Capabilities
- Complex profile and radii plunge grinding
- CNC Dressers
- Multiple diameters in one plunge
- Quantities from a single piece to Millions of pieces
- Possible lead times of as little as 24 hours
- Diameter Tolerances to .000080"
- Surface Finish to 4RA
- Roundness to .000025" Max
- Straightness to .000030" Max
- Dimensional Specifications
- Diameters from .090" to 5"
- Lengths up to 20"
- Hydraulic Components
- Pneumatic Components
- Printing Rolls
- Industries Served
- Heavy equipment
- Food service
- Inspection Processes
- Operator and quality personnel inspections per ISO 9001 quality standards, customer requirements, or control plans.